May 6, 2020
Textbook used: Yes
Would take again: No
For Credit: Yes
Professor Shuey took her teaching to the next level and I don't mean this in a good way. This class is unnecessary and very repetitive. This was an extra. It could have been an interesting class, but she didn't make it interesting and was very rude. I had other psychology classes that were more important and didn't give as much work as this.
Montclair State University - Psychology
Board Certified Sexologist, AASECT Certified Sexuality Educator, Professional Speaker, Professor, Painting Instructor
Shuey, D.H.S., M.Ed., A.C.S., C.S.E.
Hailing from the city of brotherly love, Dr. Justine Marie Shuey has always had a passion for human sexuality. She completed her Bachelors degree with a minor in Women & Gender Studies and was accepted to Widener University’s Masters in Human Sexuality Education program before heading to San Francisco to complete a Doctorate in Human Sexuality at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. Dr. Shuey is currently working towards a second doctorate degree (a Ph.D.) in Human Sexuality from Widener University.
For years Dr. Shuey has been helping individuals of all ages expand their knowledge around sexuality and gain confidence in their sexual expression. Dr. Shuey presents on hundreds of college campuses, medical schools, hospitals, organizations and conferences all over the United States and Canada. Dr. Shuey provides training to health care professionals and teaches medical students how to incorporate reproductive health exams and sexuality discussions into their practices in a respectful way that eases anxieties.
• Taught undergraduate course, Human Sexuality - PSYC0818
Montclair State University
• Taught undergraduate course, Psychological Aspects of Human Sexuality - PSYC227 (in-person & online sections)
• Taught undergraduate course, Introduction to Statistical Methods in Psychology - PSYC220 (online)
• Taught undergraduate course, Introduction to Psychology - PSYC101 (online)
Painting with Justine / Creative Canvas Classes / DR SHUEY LLC
Canvas Painting Instructor
Creative Canvas Classes are a time to hang out, relax, and paint with step-by-step instruction. The classes are taught in a way that even an individual with little to no painting experience can walk away with a masterpiece. Painters have the option of doing their own thing or following along and adding their own personal touches. Creative Canvas Classes are meant to be a time for calm, creativity, and self-care, while doing something fun and taking a break from the daily grind. Our events are great stress relievers and allow individuals to refocus, rejuvenate, and have fun all while being creative. http://paintingwithjustine.com
• Taught undergraduate course, Human Sexuality - HED3400
Dr. Justine Shuey - Sexologist / DR SHUEY LLC
Certified Sexuality Educator / Board Certified Sexologist
• Develop and implement curricula on various topics related to sex, sexuality, and sexual health
• Plan, promote and present interactive educational programs for individuals of all ages
• Provide one-on-one educational consultations on topics related to healthy sexuality and pleasure for multiple clients
• Create online content on sexual pleasure and healthy sexuality
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
Human Sexuality Education
Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality
Doctor of Human Sexuality (DHS)
Possible Matching Profiles
The following profiles may or may not be the same professor: